Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Forgotten Bookmarks

I'm always finding interesting things tucked in library books (unfortunately, no money yet).  However, boarding passes,  newspaper clippings, receipts, business cards, photos of pool parties, and bad glamor shots from the late nineties have all fallen into my hands.  I never keep them.

Michael Popek, a used book seller, does keep them and documents this type of ephemera on his blog.  Check it out here:  Forgotten Bookmarks.  Apparently, he's written a book of the same name.  I wonder if it comes with ready-made bookmarks. . .

Found in Alice's Adventures in Wonderland

2 comments:

  1. I have a semi-secret stash of interesting things I've found in library books. I keep it in the back cover flap of the Circulation Policy 3-ring binder at the circ desk. I'm sure one day someone will notice it's there (I keep an innocuous pencil drawing of a horse named George in front of all the smaller weirder stuff) and it will all be thrown away. Take a peek while you still can! And if you have a Found Stash at the Reference Desk, let me know!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! I love your collection! Especially the guy rockin' the guess jeans and the tucked in shirt. (Although the face taped to the book was intriguing, too.) I wish I'd kept the pool party photo from last week, especially as someone had obviously been edited out with lots of computer-generated fluorescent flowers covering everything but their flip flops.

    ReplyDelete